Generations of Auto Service Excellence
Original founder Lee Havers opened Haver’s Conoco Service on April 23, 1957. He started as early as 19 years old serving the neighborhood. The first location was meant to provide the community with quality auto services and Conoco gasoline. This was back when a brake repair was about $25.00 and gas averaged $0.30 per gallon. As this location grew over the next 22 years, he added services U-Haul truck and trailer rentals. Lee established a commitment to go above and beyond for his customers, as evidenced by 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., seven days a week, open for business. That commitment remains to this day. In 1979, Haver’s Conoco Service moved to a new location at 2410 S. 120th Street. Here, Lee expanded his gasoline service to include a convenience store, while providing the area’s most reliable auto services. By the late 80s, Lee’s oldest son joined the family business after completing high school. Lee soon decided to stop selling gas to expand the automotive repair facility and focus solely on auto services.
Our Auto Service Stands the Test of Time
In the fall of 1992 Haver’s Service Center was born at 2343 S. 156th Circle. Lee’s first goal was to not break ties that he had with Conoco for 35 years, so Haver’s still uses Conoco oil and lubricants today. This new location became an auto repair technicians dream, three hoists, room to work on seven cars at a time and most of all, AIR CONDITIONING in the shop. With the move, the customer base has grown by leaps and bounds in this growing part of Omaha. This location has seen Lee’s youngest son Joel come into the business after graduation in 1997 with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanized Systems Management from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
In the fall of 2000, Haver’s Service Center doubled its size. The expansion allowed for a larger customer waiting area, a total of 5 hoists, new shop office, wash bay to wash customers cars, additional storage, room to work on more cars, and much more. During this expansion, the entire shop was wired for a computer network which supports 10 computers including a computer in the customer waiting area for complimentary customer Internet access. In 2003, Haver’s Service Center Incorporated under the name Haver Bros., Inc. Jim, Jeff, and Joel now run the business with a lot of daily support from Lee. Also in 2003, Haver’s Service Center added Haver’s Auto Sales to assist customers in finding and purchasing pre-owned vehicles.
Three Auto Repair Locations
In the first few months of 2004 Haver’s Service Center opened a second full service automotive repair facility to Elkhorn at 20132 Roberts Street. This is the first time in company history that Haver’s Service Center consisted of two locations. The two bay facility was a success within two years. Along with the success came the need to move to a larger facility. When a new building was being built in Nicholas Circle the Haver boys decided it was time to move. The new facility had 5 bays and Jim, Jeff and Joel constructed a new office and customer waiting area. With the expansion also came the need for more employees. Haver’s added an additional auto technician and a service advisor.
In January of 2012 the 156th Circle location was moved 4 blocks up the hill to the southeast corner of 160th and Center. The old Phillips 66 gas station was purchased and completely remodeled and added on to. The new location offers a very modern and new customer waiting area and offices. The shop has 7 bays that offer plenty of room for the technicians to perform all the repairs needed to the customers cars. The shop is very well insulated with heat and of course AIR CONDITIONING!
In October of 2014 a 3rd location was added. Haver’s bought an existing building at 90th and Bedford, just three blocks north of Maple St. They remodeled the inside of the building and of course added AIR CONDITIONING to the shop. The 3rd location offers 6 bays and big comfortable waiting room. This expansion has allowed for a third generation Haver to enter the business full time. Jim’s daughter Abby joined the crew in January of 2017 to become the service advisior for the 90th Street Location.
True Family Business
It would be a crime not to mention the Haver that has helped grow this business and support it from the early beginning. That Haver is Eloise Haver. Eloise has two additional names that she goes by, “Dugan” and “Eloyce”. In September of 1958, Lee and Dugan were married. They then had five children together from 1959 to 1973. The oldest and only daughter is Karen who is followed by four boys, Jim, Jeff, John, and Joel.